Common Causes of Car Accidents in Los Angeles, California
Nearly six million car accidents occur on U.S. roadways each year, injuring over three million people, and killing over 40,000 more.
At the Land Legal Group, our Los Angeles, California auto accident attorneys represent clients who have been injured in traffic collisions caused by negligence and work tirelessly for families who have lost their loved ones in these tragic crashes.
Car accident prevention requires each person behind the wheel of a vehicle to only focus on the road and to concentrate on the task of driving. Unfortunately, negligence prevails and often causes serious injuries or even death to other drivers and their occupants.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Los Angeles?
Car accidents can happen anywhere, and when they do, they can change lives without notice. Whether the collision occurs at low speed in bumper-to-bumper traffic, or high speed while someone is running a red light, serious injuries can occur.
The most common causes of Los Angeles car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Texting, eating, or any task that takes the driver’s eyes, ears, or mind off the road is considered distracted driving.
- Drunk or Drugged Driving: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs places everyone on the roadway at risk. Not only is it dangerous, but it is also illegal.
- Speeding: Traveling at excessive rates of speed can cause serious collisions that lead to severe bodily harm when an accident occurs.
- Reckless Driving: Tailgating, road rage, and aggressive lane changes can lead to accidents that leave other drivers and their passengers severely injured.
- Ignoring Traffic Signs & Signals: Running red lights, failing to yield, making improper turns, or traveling the wrong way can lead to deadly accidents. All of which are preventable circumstances.
- Design Defects: Defective tires, brakes, airbags, and other car parts can lead to serious accidents, as the car becomes unable to function safely, putting everyone on the roadway in danger.
Negligence is the Driving Factor in Most Los Angeles Car Accidents
Unfortunately, millions of car accidents could be prevented each year, if drivers were simply paying attention to the road.
When negligence, or the failure to take proper care while behind the wheel of a car, everyone traveling alongside a distracted or speeding driver is placed in harm’s way.
Each driver is unique and operates their vehicle with different distractions. Drivers with children may attend to a crying baby while driving. Others may feel pressure to return emails or text messages. Some eat behind the wheel during their daily commutes. While others use their time behind the wheel to groom. Each of these activities is a real distraction that can lead to serious injuries or even death when an accident occurs.
At the Land Legal Group, our Los Angeles car accident lawyers know that negligence is preventable and that drivers can easily take control of their behavior by putting their phones away, maintaining safe traveling distances from other vehicles, and obeying the speed limit.
We understand that we cannot control how other drivers operate their vehicles. When others make the life-changing decision to negligently operate their vehicles, and someone is hurt as a result, we will do everything we can to ensure the injured party has the skilled representation they need to pursue the financial recovery they deserve.
If you have been hurt in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, contact our Los Angeles County personal injury lawyers at the Land Legal Group today at 310-552-3501 to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys are available to discuss your case and outline options for pursuing the reckless party who caused your injuries, so you can focus on your recovery.